Beef shoulder in the oven:
- Heat the iron pot, pour olive oil. Preheat the oven to 175 C.
- Thoroughly rub the beef shoulder with salt and ground pepper. Fry in a cast iron for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- While the meat is roasting, cut the onion and garlic. Set aside the fried meat on a plate for now.
- Fry onions in a cast iron. After 2-3 minutes add chopped garlic to it. Fry until soft and golden brown.
- Return the meat to the fried garlic and onion. Add the broth. Add bay leaves, a couple of thyme sprigs, black peppercorns, if desired. Bring to a boil over low heat.
- When it boils, cover it with a lid and send it to the preheated oven for 2 hours.
- While the beef is stewing in the oven, peel and cut the carrots and potatoes. After two hours, the meat is almost ready, you can add vegetables.
- Add vegetables to the iron pot and put them in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Take the finished beef shoulder out of the iron pot and cut into small pieces (the meat becomes so soft that it literally disintegrates under a fork).
- Advised to put the meat back in the iron pot so that it is saturated with juices and the aroma of spices and vegetables.